Blog Archives

Filing a motion to unemancipate a child

A lot of my posts on this blog deal with filing a motion to emancipate a child in New Jersey.  However, it is also a possible to file a motion to unemancipate a child in New Jersey although it is also rare for a number of reasons.  I recently helped a client in Ocean County Superior Court file a motion to unemancipate her child and we won.  She had filed a number of motions in the past and she lost every single one of them.  However, she did not have a competent attorney help her.  This was an important win because we not only got her child support but college expenses as well.  If you want to file a motion to terminate your child support or to reinstate it in any court in New Jersey, call us anytime.