Emancipation of a Minor in New Jersey

Emancipation of a minor in New Jersey

Emancipating a minor doesn’t happen often in New Jersey, especially since most children go to college. However, there are some children that drop out of high school and start working. They may move out on their own or move in with a friend. In those types of cases, emancipating a minor may be possible. The motion process is the same as emancipating any child. However, the difference is that the burden is on the person filing for the motion. Contrast this with a motion to emancipate an adult child where the burden is on the other parent. Thus, these motions are not that easy but they can be won with the right set of facts and arguments.

If you are looking to file a motion to emancipate a minor in New Jersey, call our team of tough, smart lawyers to help you. Our attorneys know how to file hard hitting motions that can help you get the job done. Our lawyers practice in every court in NJ so call us today at 1-855-9-JEFLAW to discuss your case for free.


Posted on December 9, 2014, in My Practice and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: